Continuing on from last week’s launch of our recipe section, we’re sharing another one of Iris’s on the go snacks.
This week we’ve picked mushroom pate, perfect for snacking in our medium sized Graze Pots.
When I was little, I ate chicken-pork mixed liver pâté on toast as much as I could possibly eat. It was creamy, salty and sweet. Best of all it was cheap and eating loads of it was fine by my mum and dad, it didn’t break the bank.
Now that I choose not to eat it anymore, I wanted to continue that happy memory with a tasty alternative: mushroom pâté! All the creaminess from the cashews, no processed dairy involved here…
• 250g or 2 1/2 cups of champignons (brown if available), sliced
• 50g or 1/2 scant cup of cashews
• 1 small onion
• 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Roast cashews in a dry pan over medium heat until golden brown. You could also do this in the oven: 10 minutes at 180 C / 360 F.
2. Finely mince onion and add to coconut oil over medium heat. Fry until translucent.
3. Set aside onions and add sliced mushrooms to frying pan. Fry until golden brown on both sides. (Don’t crowd them: you want them fried, not cooked.)
4. Put cashews in food processor and mix until finely ground. Add other ingredients (onions, mushrooms, parsley, salt, pepper) and mix until smooth or desired texture.
Perfect to eat on the go with our Medium Graze Pots with a Topper.
*Remember to add some crackers to the topper. Iris recommends crackers from Rysp*
We’d love to know how you found the recipe, Tweet us your thoughts @LondonBio