As part of our new Graze Pots launch we have decided to start a food recipe section on our website!
To kick things off we’ve been sent over some vegetarian recipes by our friend Iris, which we’ll be sharing over the next few weeks.
This week we’ve picked spiced roasted chickpeas, perfect for snacking in our Graze Pots.
They were SO easy to make and took no time at all. I especially loved that I had almost everything I needed already in my kitchen cupboards. No fancy schmancy ingredients – Iris
• 2 cans of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
• 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp chili powder
• ½ tsp cayenne pepper
• ½ tsp sea salt
1. Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Remove any loose skins off of the peas but don’t worry about taking them all off. Just remove the ones that are super loose.
2. On a paper towel or clean tea towel, evenly spread your chickpeas and let dry. I dried mine for about ½ hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Line a baking sheet with either foil or parchment paper.
5. Evenly spread your dried chickpeas on baking sheet.
6. Bake for 40-60 minutes. It will all depend on your oven. Check after 40 minutes and if they are crunchy, they are done. If they are too moist then cook a little longer but watch so they don’t burn.
7. After baking, quickly transfer to a bowl and mix with the 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
8. Then spread the seasoning’s of whatever flavour you are using and mix well.
Perfect to store and eat on the go with our Graze Pots.
We’d love to know how you found the recipe, Tweet us your thoughts @LondonBio