Welcome to a revolutionary innovation in sustainable food-to-go EPP packaging with Infinity – the fully recyclable choice with a low carbon footprint that is microwaveable and keeps food hotter for longer.
What is EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) Packaging?
According to British Plastics Federation, “Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) is a highly versatile closed-cell bead foam that provides a unique range of properties, including outstanding energy absorption, multiple impact resistance, thermal insulation, buoyancy, water and chemical resistance, exceptionally high strength to weight ratio and 100% recyclability.”
EPP vs Alternative Packaging Materials
Infinity was tested alongside EPS, bagasse, and carton board to determine the precise levels of heat retention for each. After half an hour, Infinity packaging was 10°C warmer than either the bagasse or the carton board and was comparable to EPS. At the same time, surface temperature recordings showed Infinity had the lowest thermal conductivity value, retaining heat within the packaging instead.
How will EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) Packaging meet needs?
Sustainable packaging like Infinity answers the needs of distributors, food services, waste collectors, recyclers, and consumers too:
- Distributors want solutions that comply with regulations, and are versatile, durable, hygienic, and lightweight.
- Food services need a stackable, premium product that is cost effective and will maintain food quality.
- Consumers are looking for packaging that is recyclable, convenient, microwaveable and keeps food hotter for longer.
- Recyclers and waste collectors need recoverable materials that are easy-to-handle, high-value mono solutions.
Infinity Packaging Benefits
- Fully Recyclable – Infinity is a high-quality material made from a single form of plastic. This means it is easily recycled and can be used to create a variety of new products: from packaging to furniture, flooring, and textiles – which gives our food-to-go packaging a second life and more.
- Water Resistant -Infinity is naturally water repellent, removing the need for extra barrier coatings or layers that would make the packaging more complex and harder to recycle. Being waterproof also means that it is the perfect, hygienic choice for packaging and protecting hot and cold food while adding a new level of durability.
- Resistant to acids and alkalis – A cornerstone to delivery a quality consumer experience. Almost every widely enjoyed food type can create a potential compromise in the integrity of packaging.
- Resistant to hot oil – Trials were performed with fish and chips cooked in oil at 195°C, which had a contact temperature with packaging of between 145–160°C. The results showed almost no impact from food contact – a significant achievement when compared with alternative packaging.
- Keeps food hotter for longer – When it comes to convenience foods – whether via delivery or takeaway – keeping the food hot while transporting it is crucial to customer satisfaction and therefore for food service.
- Cooler to the touch – Infinity’s thermal conductivity means it remains cool to the touch even when the food contents are hot, another benefit for consumers and food service outlets. It means that packaging with hot food will always be easier and safer to handle.
- Low carbon footprint – EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) has reduced the environmental footprint. Not only is it fully recyclable, but the specific production also processed needed to make Infinity food packaging means it has a lower carbon footprint too.
3D EPP Infinity Tray 222 x 133 x 27.3mm – Enquire for details
- Traditional, artisan look and feel
- Versatile and stackable
- Case Quantity 1X500
- RRP: £40.08
14D EPP Infinity Tray 216 x 178 x 27.3mm – Enquire for details
- Lightweight and durable
- Ensures food safety and hygiene
- Case Quantity 1X500
- RRP: £52.35
18D EPP Infinity Tray 265 x 190 x 27.3mm – Enquire for details
- Rinse and recycle
- Water resistant
- Case Quantity 1X500
- RRP: £75.76
Infinity was designed with consumer satisfaction in mind and to ensure that all core consumer needs were met to the highest of standards. The result is a packaging solution that is hygienic and keeps its contents hot while remaining cool to the touch. It is also uniquely microwaveable and easily recyclable, preventing waste.
London Bio Packaging Says..
EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) is one of a number of environmentally friendly advancements invested into the future of food packaging solutions. Food delivery has become increasingly popular beyond the 2020/21 pandemic, with a 39% increase in the last three years according to Beam Box. Our consumers are now after food packaging that is convenient and reliable whilst also being environmentally friendly; Infinity can offer packaging that fulfils this obligation.
Submit an enquiry form regarding KP Infinity food packaging via our website for more information – alternatively call us on 020 7471 3700